Combat Inflamm-Aging: Reduce Your Inflammation
Over the past few months, I have been speaking to a lot of men and women who complain to me that their joints are aching; they have developed arthritis in their knees, hands, or other joints. One young man of just 40 told me it was to be expected, as he was getting older. Another woman, who was 60-plus, felt the same way. I am always talking about living younger and longer. When it comes to inflammation, I want to shake people and yell from the rooftops that they don’t have to accept aching joints and muscles, as well as arthritis, as part of the aging process!
Diet, exercise, stress control, and sleep all play an important part in controlling your inflammation. So choices have to be made. Putting it simply, would you rather suffer from pain, arthritic joints and an old age with debilitating diseases, or take control of what you eat, your lifestyle and be pain-free, fit and healthy. No brainer really!
Chronic inflammation is linked to a host of immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, obesity and more.
Let’s eat ourselves young from the inside out, for starters.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids found in oily fish
- Fresh tuna, salmon, and sardines
- Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, seeds
- Virgin olive oil & coconut oil
- Spices such as turmeric, garlic, ginger, etc.
- Fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, etc.
- Organic free-range chicken
- Organic meat in moderation
- Whole grains, brown rice, quinoa, spelt, amaranth
- Whole wheat
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Trans fats
- Processed food
- Sugary drinks/fruit juice
- Barbecued and deep fried foods
- Battery farmed chickens
- Non-organic meat
- Processed meat like bacon & cured hams
- Browned food (even pastry)
- Sweets and milk chocolate
Then add a good measure of exercise—our bodies are designed to be active. Try to control your stress and sleep well.
As Elizabeth Arden said, “I’m not interested in age. People that tell me their age are silly. You’re as old as you feel.”
So, do away with Inflamm-Aging. Smile, dance, and enjoy life to the fullest with a healthy body.