Are You Getting Enough? Five Reasons to Have More Sex
What reduces stress, makes you look younger, increases your energy, helps you sleep better, boosts your immune system and nourishes your brain?
The answer is SEX! It’s great for your overall health and well-being, and practiced regularly, can make you look and feel up to twelve years younger. Hectic, stressful lifestyles reduce the libido, yet this is one area that is so important to trigger your feel-good endorphins!
Okay, here are the scientific facts—and no, I’m not making this up.
- Sex reduces stress because the hormone Oxytocin is released during sex and orgasm, which helps you relax and reduce anxiety. It’s much more fun then a yoga session!
- Regular sex makes you look from to 7 to 12 years younger. Scientific studies show that a youthful glow is released from the DHEA hormone that is activated during sex. DHEA is produced by your adrenal glands and has anti-aging properties that can increase the production of collagen, and may reduce wrinkles. It’s a lot cheaper than face cream!
- Sex helps you sleep because that lovely Oxytocin promotes not only a desire to cuddle and connect, but also great sleep. No more tossing and turning and well rested means more energy!
- Sex boosts your immune system, and having sex once or twice a week has been linked to higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A, or IGA, which can protect you from infections and colds. It’s great for the winter months and avoiding summer colds as well!
- Orgasms are good for the brain. How great is that scientific fact? Studies show that “orgasms bring nutrients and oxygenation to the brain. Mental exercises only increase brain activity in localized regions, while an orgasm activates the whole brain.” I know what I would choose over a crossword puzzle!
Remember the more you have, the more you want, so get yourself in the mood. If you don’t have a partner, it’s okay. Learn to love yourself. Remember, an orgasm is an orgasm no matter how you achieve it!